On the finish of yearly, we prefer to learn via among the main studies on inbound advertising, content material advertising, social media, and on-line habits.
It is wonderful how briskly issues can change in only one or two years, and this yr has a breadth of peculiar statistics to mirror on.
This yr, we have seen the continued significance of visible content material emphasised by the modifications that occurred throughout nearly each main social community, together with Fb, Instagram, and Twitter. On the similar time, movies continued to develop as highly effective instruments for manufacturers trying to talk extra simply with their readers, and digital actuality (VR) is discovering its place as a advertising instrument in quite a few companies.
That will help you maintain tempo with these developments, let’s check out some visible content material advertising statistics that reveal the influence visible content material has on attain, engagement, and gross sales. You possibly can bounce to the next classes to see statistics associated to that class:
50 Visible Content material Advertising Statistics You Ought to Know
Common Visible Content material Statistics
- 70% of firms put money into content material advertising, which may embody visible advertising methods. (HubSpot)
- The first type of media utilized in content material advertising is video. (HubSpot)
- One fourth of entrepreneurs are investing in content material advertising associated to product promotions whereas simply over 20% of investing in branded storytelling particularly. (HubSpot)
- Entrepreneurs spend probably the most time creating content material for Fb and their very own firm web site, respectively. (HubSpot)
- Design and visible content material is the largest problem for 23.7% of content material entrepreneurs. (Adam Enfroy)
- 49% of entrepreneurs fee visible advertising as Very Essential to their advertising technique, and 22% think about it Essential, and 19% say that their technique is nothing with out visible content material. (Venngage)
- 49% of entrepreneurs primarily use visible content material on blogs and web sites adopted by social channels equivalent to Fb and Instagram. (Venngage)
- When individuals hear data, they’re prone to bear in mind solely 10% of that data three days later. Nevertheless, if a related picture is paired with that very same data, individuals retained 65% of the knowledge three days later. (Mind Guidelines)
- 40% of entrepreneurs predict that between 51% and 80% of companies will closely depend on visible content material into 2021. (Venngage)
Video Advertising Statistics
- Cell video consumption has elevated 17 fold since 2012.
- Cisco initiatives that world web site visitors from movies will make up 82% of all shopper web site visitors by 2022.
- 70% of YouTube viewers watch movies for “assist with an issue” they’re having of their passion, research, or job.
- Globally, YouTube is customers’ main supply of video content material, at 83% (Fb is second, at 67%).
- Video streaming has elevated considerably within the final a number of years. The live-streaming platform, Twitch, noticed year-over-year progress of 14.3% in 2020 and boasted as much as 1.645 billion watch hours monthly.
- In a 2018 HubSpot survey, 54% of customers wished to see extra video content material from a model or enterprise they help.
Supply: HubSpot Analysis
Rising Visible Advertising Traits
- In 2019, 42.9 million individuals within the US used a VR product, and 68.7 million individuals used an AR as soon as month-to-month. (eMarketer)
- Spending on VR for enterprise is anticipated to succeed in $9.2 billion by 2021, outpacing its use for leisure. (FinancesOnline)
- 1 / 4 of VR customers consider it has a robust potential for manufacturers and entrepreneurs. (GlobalWebIndex)
- 64% of customers say VR has probably the most potential in gaming, whereas 52% acknowledge its potential in Movie and TV. (GlobalWebIndex)
- 57% of entrepreneurs used stay video in 2019.
- Fb lives generate 10 occasions extra engagement than conventional movies.
- 90% of all video performs on Twitter happen on cellular units.
- 73% of movies are two minutes or much less in size.
- 85% of adults eat content material on a number of units on the similar time.
- In keeping with the Lowes residence enchancment retailer, how-to movies that had been proven in digital actuality (VR) had a 36% larger recall by viewers in comparison with individuals who solely seen the YouTube video.
Infographic Stats for Visible Content material Entrepreneurs
- Infographics are the fourth most used kind of content material advertising. (HubSpot)
- Infographics have had the largest enhance in utilization amongst B2B entrepreneurs within the final 4 years — now at 67%.
- Folks following instructions with textual content and illustrations do 323% higher than individuals following instructions with out illustrations. Take content material marketer Ryan Robinson’s information on how you can begin a weblog for example, the place he teaches readers the method of constructing a weblog via a mix of textual content, illustrations and infographics.
Social Media Stats for Visible Content material Entrepreneurs
- In a normal survey of over 250 customers, 70% stated they watched Fb Tales extra typically than Instagram or Snapchat Tales. (HubSpot)
- Over 500 million Instagram accounts use Tales day-after-day, and 4 million companies use Tales advertisements each month 58% of individuals surveyed say they’ve turn out to be extra thinking about a model/product after seeing it in Tales.. (Instagram Enterprise)
- As of January 2021, the most important demographic of U.S. Instagram customers had been between 25 and 35, making up 33.1% % of Instagram’s consumer base within the U.S. (Statista)
- In 2019, Instagram accounted for about 31.8% of Fb promoting revenues, up from 13.2% in 2016. (Statista)
- Of the Instagram Story codecs individuals choose most, 35% say they interact with brief narrative-styled Tales most frequently, adopted by interactive Tales centered round quizzes and polls. (HubSpot)
Knowledge Supply: Lucid Software program
- In keeping with Verizon Media, 69% of customers watch on-line movies with the pontificate. (Forbes)
- In a ballot of over 300 customers, 56% stated they “generally” watch social media Tales with the sound on, whereas 29% stated they “all the time” do that. (HubSpot)
- 72% of youngsters use Instagram and almost as many (69%) use Snapchat. Each have elevated by greater than 20% since 2015. (Pew Analysis)
- Tweets with video get 10 occasions extra engagement than these with out.
- In an evaluation of over 1 million articles, BuzzSumo discovered that articles with a picture as soon as each 75-100 phrases acquired double the social media shares as articles with fewer photos. (Buzzsumo)
- Fb posts with photos see 2.3X extra engagement than these with out photos.
- There are greater than 500 million Instagram customers energetic day-after-day. (Statista)
- 15% of all Fb content material is video – an growing proportion.
- The optimum video size for higher engagement on Fb is between 2 and 5 minutes. (Socialinsider)
- Snapchat had 249 million day by day energetic Snapchat customers as of 2020.
- Advertisers can attain greater than 169 million individuals on Pinterest.
- Income from Pinterest buying advertisements grew by 100% in 2019.
- Pins that present a services or products in motion are 67% extra prone to drive gross sales. (Pinterest Enterprise)
- YouTube reaches extra 18+-year-olds throughout prime-time viewing hours than any cable TV community.
- Half of YouTube subscribers between the ages of 18 and 34 would drop no matter they had been doing to observe a brand new video from their favourite channel.
Editor’s be aware: This publish was initially printed in April 2020 and has been up to date for comprehensiveness.