In 2005, once I was 10 years previous, a child from my neighborhood was bear hugging a fallen tree trunk that bridged throughout our creek and yelled, “I higher not see this on YouTube!”
That was the primary time I’d ever heard of YouTube. And it positively wasn’t the final time I’d hear about it. YouTube has skilled explosive development because it was based in an workplace storage in 2005. Only one 12 months after its inception, it was attracting greater than 65,000 new video uploads and 100 million video views per day. A few months later, the high-growth startup was acquired for over $1 billion by a titan within the tech trade — Google.
Since then, YouTube has opened up avenues for manufacturers to promote on their movies and, in flip, let content material creators earn a dwelling simply by making movies. This potential for monetization has incentivized content material creators to craft essentially the most partaking movies potential and host them on the platform, which has enabled YouTube to turn out to be the second most trafficked web site and the second largest search engine on the planet.
As a video marketer, you already understand how essential constructing a YouTube presence is for reinforcing your movies’ and model’s visibility. However in the event you simply began your model’s YouTube channel or want some assist convincing your boss to double down in your YouTube efforts, we’ve bought you coated.
Try these stats in regards to the platform’s cellular utilization, its demographics, subscriber development, normal utilization, and historical past that may assist you to construct your YouTube following or persuade your boss to focus extra of your efforts on the video platform.
YouTube Stats Each Video Marketer Ought to Know in 2021
What’s the most-watched video on YouTube?
2. “Child Shark Dance” by Pinkfong Youngsters’ Songs & Tales is the most-watched video on YouTube. It has acquired over 7.91 billion views since 2016.
YouTube Cellular Stats
4. On cellular gadgets alone, YouTube reaches extra adults aged 18-49 throughout prime time than any cable community does in a median week.
5. 75% of adults report watching YouTube on their cellular gadgets.
6. Greater than 70% of YouTube watch time is generated from cellular gadgets.
7. Over 50,000 years of product evaluation movies have been watched on cellular gadgets since 2017.
8. In 2020, YouTube was the fourth hottest IOS app after ZOOM, TikTok, and Disney+.
YouTube Demographics Stats
9. Over 77% of 15-35 year-old American web customers watch movies on YouTube.
10. Over 67% of American web customers who’re aged 56 and over watch movies on YouTube.
11. Over 50% of YouTube’s viewers is feminine.
12. 39.4% of social media customers within the U.S. anticipated their YouTube utilization to extend considerably whereas staying at residence.
13. 24.3% of social media customers within the U.S. anticipated their YouTube utilization to extend barely whereas staying at residence.
14. 70% of millennial YouTube customers watched a YouTube video to discover ways to do one thing new or study one thing they’re focused on.
15. 16.6% of YouTube’s web site guests are from the USA.
16. YouTube attracts essentially the most guests from the USA, India, and Japan.
17. YouTube is accessible in additional than 100 nations.
18. YouTube is accessible in 80 completely different languages.
YouTube Subscriber Progress Stats
19. The variety of channels with greater than 1 million subscribers elevated by greater than 65% since final 12 months.
20. The variety of YouTubers who earn six figures per 12 months has elevated by greater than 40% since final 12 months.
21. The variety of YouTubers who earn 5 figures per 12 months has elevated by greater than 50% since final 12 months.
22. The highest ten YouTubers earned 30% extra income from June of 2019 to June of 2020 in comparison with the earlier 12 months.
23. T-Sequence, a Hindi music channel, is the hottest YouTube channel with 171 million subscribers, adopted by PewDiePie with 109 million subscribers.
24. The hottest branded YouTube channel is LEGO, which has over 10.04 billion views.
YouTube Utilization Stats
25. YouTube is the world’s second largest search engine.
26. YouTube is the second most trafficked web site behind Google.
27. YouTube customers collectively watch over 1 billion hours of content material each day.
28. Watch time for shopping-related movies grew greater than 5X within the U.S. between 2016 and 2018.
29. The vast majority of the most well-liked YouTube movies are music movies.
30. YouTube is the hottest music streaming web site.
31. 70% of viewers say that YouTube makes them extra conscious of recent manufacturers.
32. Viewers say they’re twice as doubtless to purchase one thing they noticed on YouTube.
33. Viewers are 4 occasions extra doubtless to make use of YouTube to search out details about a model, product, or service (vs. different platforms).
34. YouTube customers watch greater than 180 million hours of content material on TV screens daily.
35. YouTube customers are thrice extra more likely to favor watching a YouTube tutorial video in comparison with studying the product’s directions.
36. “Stress-free” and “feeling entertained” are the highest two causes viewers watch YouTube.
37. Leisure movies like cleaning soap reducing and slime enjoying skilled a 70% enhance in watch time in 2018.
38. Comedy, music, leisure/popular culture, and “” are the 4 hottest content material classes on YouTube.
YouTube Historical past Stats
39. “YouTube.com” was activated on February 14, 2005.
40. “Me on the zoo” was the primary video uploaded to YouTube on April 25, 2005.
41. Google bought YouTube for $1.65 billion on October 9, 2006.
42. YouTube launched InVideo advertisements in December 2007.
43. YouTube streamed the USA presidential debates for the primary time in 2012.
44. The youngest profitable YouTuber is Ryan ToysReview, who’s a 8-year previous boy who makes $22 million a 12 months and has 22 million subscribers.
45. “Gangnam Model”’s surge in recognition broke the video’s view counter.
46. YouTube offers a free area in Los Angeles the place YouTubers with over 10,000 subscribers can study, join, and create movies with one another.
47. The first YouTube video that reached a million views was a 2005 Nike advert that featured soccer star, Ronaldinho.
48. The YouTube video that acquired essentially the most views in 24 hours is BTS’s “Dynamite” music video, which attracted 101.1 million views in a single day.
49. The most appreciated video on YouTube is the music video for the music “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi that includes Daddy Yankee. It has acquired over 42.71 million likes and boasts an 89.65% like share.
50. YouTube’s personal YouTube Rewind 2018 video is essentially the most disliked video on the platform. It has acquired over 18 million dislikes and owns an 86.38% dislike share.
Editor’s word: This submit was initially revealed in February 2019 and has been up to date for comprehensiveness.